And it couldn’t be simpler! Made with just 1 blender, 3 ingredients, and 5 minutes, this smoothie is bright, fruity, and detoxifying. Let me show you how it’s done!
Raw beets are a nutritional powerhouse known for their ability to aid detoxification. That’s reason enough to love them aside from their gorgeous magenta hue.
Combined with strawberries for sweetness, beets create a vibrant, pink smoothie packed with plant-based fiber, iron, folate, and vitamin C.
Banana adds potassium and plant-based creaminess, and apple juice brings everything together while adding a subtle sweetness and even more vitamin C. Serious yum.
We love this recipe as a smoothie, but it can also be frozen into popsicles for an afternoon pick-me-up or snack that would be totally kid-friendly.
We hope you love this smoothie. It’s:
Want more ways to include beets in your life? Check out our Strawberry Beet Cupcakes, Roasted Beet Hummus, Smoky Black Bean Beet Burgers, Fudgy Vegan Double Chocolate Beet Muffins, Curried Beet Soup, and Baked Rosemary Beet Chips.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
5 from 12 votes
DETOXIFYING BEET & BERRY SMOOTHIE
A vibrant, nutrient-packed smoothie made with detoxifying beetroot and fresh fruit. Subtly sweet, perfectly tart, and ready with just 1 blender, 3 ingredients, and 5 minutes.Author:Minimalist BakerPREP TIME5 minutesTOTAL TIME5 minutesServings: (Smoothies)Category: SmoothieCuisine: Gluten-Free, VeganFreezer Friendly 1 Month (in ice cube trays)Does it keep? 2 Days
- 1/3 cup peeled + chopped raw beet (organic when possible)
- 1 ⅓ cup frozen strawberries (if fresh, add ice // organic when possible)
- 1/4 ripe frozen banana (optional // peeled + sliced)
- 2/3 cup fresh apple juice (recipe in our cookbook!)
- Fresh mint or shredded coconut (for garnish // optional)
- Add beet, strawberries, banana (optional for sweetness) and apple juice to a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more banana for sweetness, apple juice to thin, or strawberries for a more intense fruit flavor.
- Divide between two serving glasses and enjoy. Optional: Garnish with banana slices, fresh mint, and/or shredded coconut. Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Freeze leftovers in ice cube trays or popsicle molds for an afternoon pick-me-up.